Noise Problems in a Real Estate Office
There are a number of noise issues in the real estate office.
- Distraction– too much office noise is distracting while trying to work or make calls
- Overheard Personal Information– other agents or passers-by can overhear personal information
- Competing agents– there are times that the agent on the other side of a deal being negotiated are present in the office.
- Lack of professionalism– similar to distraction, ambient office noise in the background does not sound personal and professional to a client on the other end of a call or in a meeting at the office
From distraction to a lack of confidentiality, conducting business in a way that honors clients and protects their personal affairs has become increasingly difficult.
Sound Masking for Realtors
- 4500 square feet of open office work space with half-wall partitions separating 48 agents working a call center. The co-owners knew that 48 naturally sociable people wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they kept their voices down.
The Solution: Sound Masking & Choosing a System
Rather than rent more space, which seemed to be the only option, the owners decided to give sound masking a shot. Choosing a system and sound masking company was the next step. After researching and gathering nationwide bids, the team at Sigma chose the VoiceArrest system for a number of reasons:
- Speech Privacy Systems is a reputable, trustworthy company.
- The VoiceArrest System is the latest technology and offers more speech privacy at lower decibels than older systems.
The VoiceArrest has proven successful. Not only was the white noise barely noticed, Sigma reported that everyone in the company was thrilled with the VoiceArrest and that there were no more reports of noise issues. The last result Nick was delighted with was that he could finally fill every desk since his company continues to expand by 2-3 employees per month.and that there were no more reports of noise issues. The last result Nick was delighted with was that he could finally fill every desk since his company continues to expand by 2-3 employees per month.
The result is that real estate agents can work productively in their offices, and their clients can get the best representation possible. Sound masking is an investment worth making.